Costs & Financial Aid
Federal student aid programs are the largest source of student aid in the United States. IU participates in every federal grant, loan, and employment program, most of which award aid based on your ability to pay for college. You will be automatically considered for many federal aid programs if you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so that it’s received by March 10. International students are not eligible to file the FAFSA.
Visit the Office of Student Financial Assistance to learn more about federal aid.
Federal Aid Programs Include:
- Pell Grants, which IU supplements with the Pell Promise Award for in-state undergraduates
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Low-interest Stafford Loans and Perkins Loans
- Parent PLUS Loans for parents and legal guardians
- Federal Work-Study, in which the government pays a portion of the wages you earn working on campus or in the community