How to Apply
The May 1 enrollment deadline for fall 2013 freshmen has passed. Please call us at 812-855-0661 if you have questions about applying.
Updated information for students applying for fall 2014 will be coming soon!
You should submit all application materials by these priority dates to guarantee maximum consideration. Also see Apply for Financial Aid.
- November 1: Priority date for admission and deadline for Automatic Academic Scholarship and Selective Scholarship consideration. All application materials for admission must be submitted online or postmarked by November 1 to meet the scholarship deadline.
- January 15: Students who meet the November 1 deadline may submit updated SAT or ACT scores by this date for reconsideration of Automatic Academic Scholarships.
- March 10: Date by which the FAFSA needs to be submitted for need-based financial aid consideration. All students are encouraged to file a FAFSA.
- April 1: Applications received after this date will be considered on a space-available, case-by-case basis.
- May 1: $100 enrollment deposit due, indicating your intent to attend Indiana University.
We’ll let you know if you’ve been accepted four to eight weeks after we receive all of your application documents. You can also check your admission status online.
Applications for spring 2013 will not be considered if received after November 1.
The application deadline for the Jacobs School of Music is November 1st. The deadline for submitting all supplemental materials to Jacobs is December 1st. For more information, please contact the Jacobs School of Music Admissions Office at (812) 855-7998. Jacobs School of Music freshman applicants will not be considered for the IU Automatic Scholarships administered by the IU Office of Scholarships. The Jacobs School of Music will administer these scholarships, taking into consideration the combination of academic achievement and talent as it is demonstrated in the audition.